Hiring the MyLaps transponder system
Norfolk Cycle Race Judging
Set up by Lotus Cars Cycle Race League
To raise the standard of cycle race judging on a not for profit basis.
2023 Hire Fees & Related Info
Using the MyLaps ProChip FLEX Transponder System
£4.00 per Race Entry.
The easiest option is for the Organiser to add £4 to the Entry Fee.
Operator Travel Expenses included in the hire charge.
Transponder System Benefits
Since 2016 it has been used to successfully judge well over 300 races.
MyLaps system is used in Tours of Italy & Spain + World Champs
Full result for every rider generated within seconds of the finish.
Has the ability to judge several races on the same circuit at the same time or in the same race.
(E.g. Youth A/B-Boy/Girl).
Order over the line each lap is recorded.
Transponder is simply attached low down on front forks with cable ties.
What do I have to do as an Organiser?
Prior to Race Day
· Request your date as early in the year as possible via firstname.lastname@example.org
· I will confirm if date is available. If it cannot be covered but date is free how about getting someone from your club trained up? IT whizz kids can work it out for themselves so it must be quite easy.
· Ensure that width of road at the finish point is not more than 12m wide and there is room to park a car. Finish line can be at any point where the riders are unlikely to be traveling at more than 75kph.
· Email the downloaded BC Raw Data of the accepted riders in program order to the operator 5 days prior. From this data files will be generated for the MyLaps system and a Signing On sheet generated with allocated transponder numbers added. Accurate data in = accurate results out!
· Sign On sheet will be emailed to you and all the riders asking them to ensure they use the allocated transponder within 48 hours. Accurate data in = accurate results out!
· Operator will arrive before ‘Sign On’ opens. ‘Sign On’ staff to be responsible for handing out hired transponders. Everything needed for attaching transponders and at the Finish provided including bell, lap board & flags.
· For Road Races only the operator will sit beside ‘sign on’ making any late changes such as entry on the day.
· For Crits the time between races does not usually allow for late changes. Changes can be made whilst race is in progress but working out the back of a car especially in wet and windy conditions raises the chance of mistakes being made. Accurate data in = accurate results out!
· Operator needs to be at the finish 30 minutes before the start to set up
· After the race has finished the operator will pack up and return to HQ with the result or the pc can be handed to a race official to read direct off it immediately after the finish.
· Sign On staff to collect hired transponders when returning licenses.
· Results emailed to Organiser, officials, BC, Press and riders as soon as an internet connection is available, usually when the operator is back home.
What can go wrong?
It must be understood that nothing is 100% perfect!
System spares of all items are carried with the exception of the Decoder Box, PC & Power Pack.
Human errors both by the operator and riders also happen occasionally.
Video Camera used as a backup that plugs into the PC for a larger picture.
You have the MyLaps system but insufficient Transponders?
150 transponders are available so just ask if you need more even if there is a date clash as this number is not normally needed, e.g. a Road Race.
Cash, Cheque or BACS
Lotus Cars Cycle Race League
Sort Code 30-95-52 A/c Number 01037243
Invoice provided for your records
Contact Ken on email@example.com or ring 07775 615360