Zwift racing with Lotus League & SCRS
In the absence of both the Lotus and SCRS races this season, we have decided to have a bit of FUN(??) with a Zwift race. If all goes well we could develop this into a league - it would also give you some bragging rights.
If you wish to take part please follow the instructions and if you have any questions please refer to Zwift. None of us are Zwift experts, all we are doing is trying to pull you all together for a fun race and we will endeavour to produce a result that we will put out of the league website and social media. Whatever information we get from Zwift will be used for the results.
What do you have to do:
- Be a member of Zwift and have the equipment to run on it.
- Also become a member of Zwift Power; this will help us get a result
- Enter this race https://zwift.com/events/view/748248 which starts at 6.20pm on Tuesday 12th May
- When entering make sure you add your first and last names your club name followed by/LL so as an example Ken Joliffe Diss CC/LL
- This race is for A,B,C and D riders; please enter in the right category. Zwift will advise you of what group you should be entering, but as a rough guide if you are an E,1,2 rider you should be an A and so forth
- Ride the event and have fun whilst suffering
If you don’t do the above, it will be hard for us to get a result. We also take no responsibility for you being DQ’d by Zwift over entering the wrong category!
Hopefully if we can get this to work we will be in a position to offer more events and run a little competition amongst ourselves. This will be our first event so bear with us whilst we make mistakes; the results should be prepared by the following day.
If anyone has more experience than us with this format please tell us politely where we are going wrong!
2020 Season Postponed
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic sweeping the world, Lotus League as we know it will not happen this year. We feel we should give you all some idea of what could happen when this lockdown ends. Those of you who are fit and well are probably champing at the bit to ride a bike in company and race. If it's any consolation the whole organising team will be just as disappointed that Lotus is not happening,
We have been wondering if any racing at Lotus is possible this year. We could probably just about run to the end of July after which it would be too dark with the usual programme but that would depend on when the lockdown ends and how quickly we could gather the necessary support. The difficulty could be in obtaining first aid at short notice; other than that it could be achieved in 2 weeks at a push.
If evening racing is not possible we could try for a day over a weekend but would not want to clash with any RR’s that day. This would depend on Lotus use of the Test Track as initially we were told that all weekends are booked for 2020 but you never know. If you don’t ask you don’t get.
We think that British Cycling intends road racing to continue right to the end of October and maybe a bit longer, so there should be space for some events at least.
Neil Jarvis of Cycle Shack in Diss will, all being well be organising an Eastern Cross League event on behalf of Lotus League at a new venue in Norfolk at a date to be determined but probably late Sept, early Oct.
Let’s hope we all meet again at Lotus League events before too long. Keep safe and keep well.
2018 Accounts and 2019 Programme
We've got some winter reading for you, in the form of 2019 plans and 2018 number-crunching! It's worth having a look through them all, especially if you compete in the Lotus League and other events that use the Mylaps timing system. Email Ken (email@example.com) with your feedback.
2018 Lotus League Prize Fund
Ken has finished working out the cash balance for the 2018 season of racing at Lotus, and has produced a lavish prize fund for a great many of the riders. If you're on the list then Ken will be in touch shortly.
View the 2018 Lotus League Prize Fund
2018 Lotus League Race Dates
Seven dates for the 2018 edition of Lotus League have been confirmed. These are:
- May 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd
- June 5th, 12th & 19th
Racing will start at 7pm. We should be able to hold the race fees the same as last year. Entry will be handled here, and payment will be taken on the night.
Des Matthews – Lotus employee and the "man on the gate" for the past few years - will be the organiser.
Please consider helping out at one or more events; see the Lotus League Helpers page for more info!
2017 LCCRL Report
The Lotus Cars Cycle Race League 2017 Minutes are now available to download. Many thanks to everyone who was able to attend the AGM on November 7.
You can download the report (PDF format) here.
Following on from this, we have an update (provisional) on dates:
- Lotus Evening League – 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd May 5th, 12th & 19th June. (Whit week 29th May is not favoured as it may clash with Lotus business requirements that night.)
- Sat 17th March - Proposed racing over a greater time for all categories. Youth Racing should be part of the Eastern Region Youth Racing Series (ERYRS). This event will be open for entry on 2nd Feb. via BC online
- Sat 18th Aug – Proposed as per 17th March (including youth racing, but not in ERYRS)
- Sat 14th July – Old Buckenham Fete Road Race – National B over 75 miles or 8 laps of a 9.7 mile circuit. It will not be Norfolk’s Paris – Roubaix, but should it go OK next year and you agree steps can be taken to change a bit for 2019. A new almost flat circuit with long exposed straights – should make for an interesting race. Old Buckenham will make the decision in Jan if they are going to have a fete next year. Should they decide against it then the race will swap to a new circuit at Croxton just outside Thetford.
2016 LCCRL Report
The Lotus Cars Cycle Race League 2016 Report is now available to download. MyLaps was judged to be a huge success, and online pre-entry worked well too. Both systems will continue to be used again next year, and only riders who have pre-entered will be allowed to race on the night.
You can download the report (PDF format) here.
The Lotus Cars Cycle Race League (LCCRL) 2016 Report and AGM Agenda are also available to download: